How to Boost Productivity with Industry 4.0
Discover the Potential of Weighing
Don’t wait for Industry 4.0 to happen. Use your weighing equipment to improve your production process today. We explain why you should speed up and integrate manual processes into your existing systems, make use of weighing data for process optimization and enable remote monitoring.
Recent developments surrounding Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things are facilitating a major paradigm shift in manufacturing. Traditional production hierarchy, with centralized control, is shifting toward a decentralized self-organization, in which the product independently communicates with the production devices and actively intervenes in the production process.
Digitization of weighing equipment
As measuring technologies evolve, digitization has become a core element of innovation. An intelligent measuring device or sensor therefor provides more than just accurate measuring values. In addition, it can provide qualified real-time status information about the manufacturing process, collect measuring results and steer production equipment. Measuring devices, such as weigh modules, platforms, and terminals, can be built into highly modular assembly lines and conveyor belts. There they can be either automated or operated manually. Despite increasing automation, manual work will not disappear in modern factories. Assembly, quality checks and material handling is still done by operators on manual workplaces. Manufacturers are now looking for equipment that allows them to integrate these workstations into their systems. On the operational side, innovative interfaces, user guidance and intuitive handling features can enable productivity potential in factories today.
Industry 4.0 and manual workplaces
Not only automated production lines benefit from Industry 4.0; manual workplaces also can increase productivity when they can overcome the challenges of the novel interaction between people, machines, and data. Workers must manage faster processes, a higher degree of digitalization and a greater variety of applications. In addition, they must deliver continually high quality while product customization increases. That is why it is important to bring together efficiency, ergonomics, and data integration.
- Intelligent Logistics – Start production supervision at your factory gates. Review the deliveries from your suppliers with measuring equipment such as floor and bench scales. Floor scales help to verify large quantities of incoming goods. Weighing devices feed weighing results to your network and prevent over- or out-of-stock situations
- Use warehouse entry to gather data – Use bench scales in warehousing to perform picking tasks, cycle counts and prepare exact deliveries for intra logistics. Get orders from your ERP systems and send back the results of your operation. Weighing terminals feature advanced human-interface functions, such as user prompting, for error-free handling and speedy processing.
- Innovative HMI’s increase handling speed by 30% – Reduce waste and quality cases with innovative piece-counting and quality check solutions. Scale management software saves all article records and makes recalling article data error-free and fast. Together with the colorWeight® result indication this speeds up quality checks even if the product variety increases significantly.
- Monitor production flow and worker efficiency in real time – Collect+™ software captures production-weight and process data from every scale on your shop floor and visualizes it in an easy to understand dashboard. Use data for audits, quality initiatives and process optimization.
- Preventative maintenance with Remote Equipment monitoring – Cloud-based remote monitoring of weigh modules, load cells and scales prevents downtime. Remote support facilitates fast repairs and reduces the need for on-site interventions. All data transfer is protected with third-party accredited security measures.
Learn more about Industry 4.0 – www.mt.com/ind-4-0-in