Designed for Hazardous Areas
The IND256x is METTLER TOLEDO’s new Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) weighing terminal for Division 1 & Zone 1/21 Hazardous Areas. This new terminal brings exclusive and innovative features to demanding applications in today’s hazardous environments. It is the only terminal available in the market today that can offer Intrinsically Safe Wi-Fi, allowing it to connect to customers’ wireless networks and other wireless devices to communicate data. In conjunction with a rechargeable Ex NiMH Battery for power, this solution is ideal for mobile weighing applications within Hazardous Areas. It is also perfectly suited for hazardous applications that require connectivity to a remote terminal, normally installed in a Safe Area for more easily accessible operation.
The IND256x intrinsically safe scale terminal supports a single Analog scale interface. It is the first and only Ex terminal available in today’s market that offers optional intrinsically safe Wi-Fi connectivity. Note that the Wi-Fi option is only approved for Class 1, Div I, Groups C-G. It is not approved for Groups A or B.
- The IND256x is a cost-effective, Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) weighing terminal for basic weighing and checkweighing in hazardous areas classified by cFMus, ATEX, and IECEx regulations.
Intrinsically Safe Wireless Communication
- Simplify data transfer from fixed and mobile installations from within hazardous locations using IND256x terminals with optional I.S. Wi-Fi.
- The integrated design of the Wi-Fi module along with an Ex NiMH battery eliminates cabling complexity, perfect for mobile weighing carts.
- Simplify communication and reduce costs by eliminating the external communication module typically required in hazardous area process applications.
- An integrated, I.S. 4-20 mA Analog Output interface enables efficient data transfer to the safe area through a simple barrier.
Reduce Maintenance Cost
- Reduce total maintenance cost up to 60% compared to flame and explosion-proof solutions by choosing Intrinsic Safety (I.S.) method of protection.
- The I.S. circuitry of the IND256x assures safety over multiple maintenance cycles beyond commissioning.
Sample System Layout
For technical information, please click here for the data brief.
Contact us for pricing and additional information on hazardous area weighing solutions.